If you have data from other sources you don’t need to confine your analysis to data that is collected by Purrmetrix hardware. Importing data creates a new ‘kitten’ icon (an import kitten) which behaves exactly like any other kitten and can be added to all the analytics views in the same way.
To create an import kitten follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Actions’ and click ‘create import kitten’
- You will get a dialogue box (see below) which allows you to label the import kitten and make notes on the data source
- You will need a pre-prepared CSV file to a specific format (see notes below)
- Drag and drop the CSV file onto the hotspot. Don’t forget to nominate what sort of data you are importing.
- There will be a short pause and the server will create a new kitten
Adding more data.
You can always add more data to an existing import kitten – double click on the kitten will reveal a hotspot. You can drag and drop another CSV for a different time period and extend the time period that the import kitten covers.
Now you have all of this data you may want to share it or work with it in another application. Click here for more information on sharing data.
Want to go back and look at ways to manage and move hardware in your account? Click here.